[sheepdog] [sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] Sheepdog stable release v0.9.2

Fabian Zimmermann dev.faz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 20:11:38 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 07.06.2015 um 18:14 schrieb Vasiliy Tolstov:

> Can you specify in which case users must use vdi locking and on which does not?
> For example if i use sheepdog for vm disks and runs vps on compute
> nodes, does i need vdi locking?
> And if i enable vdi locking what i miss or what not works after that?

I would use vdi locking if there is no other way to avoid concurrent
access to a single vdi.

f.e. if you use sheepdog as storage and there is a (even very small)
possibility that a VM is started twice (split-brain in cluster?)

As far as I understand the current implementation it's not possible to
use native libvirt live-migration with vdi-locking enabled, but you
could of course use suspend-migrate-wake migrations.

 Fabian