[sheepdog] [Qemu-devel] internal snapshots with sheepdog

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:37:19 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Kevin Wolf <kwolf at redhat.com> wrote:
> Am 18.09.2015 um 11:03 hat Vasiliy Tolstov geschrieben:
>> > Doesn't sheepdog already support storing snapshots in the same image?
>> > I thought it would just work; at least, there's some code there for it.
>>
>> Yes, qemu and sheepdog have ability to create internal snapshot, i
>> miss that, but when i'm try in libvirt create live snapshot - libvirt
>> says, that this is not possible with raw image.
>
> Then I guess your mail should be directed to the libvirt list instead
> (CCed).

The problem can be seen with libvirt v1.2.12 based on the report from Jason:
https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/issues/157

Seems that the commit f7c1410b0ee5b878e81f2eddf86c609947a9b27c of
libvirt is causing this problem. Fortunately, Jason is already working
on solving this regression.

Thanks,
Hitoshi