[sheepdog] Multi-attach + Checksums

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 5 17:50:46 CEST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at sheepdog for a project I'm working on, and have a couple
questions:

1. Is it safe to attach a vdi to multiple sbd/tgtd/qemu instances at the
same time? It certainly seems to work, but I'm curious to know if this
is a use case that's tested for or if I'm likely to encounter issues
doing this.

2. Does sheepdog checksum the objects and verify the checksums on reads?
e.g. to protect against a disk drive flaking out doing something stupid
since there won't be any RAID controllers involved here.

Thanks!

-Aaron

--
Aaron Knister
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (Code 606.2)