[Stgt-devel] User-mode iSER

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori
Thu Aug 3 17:20:09 CEST 2006

From: "Dan Bar Dov" <danb at voltaire.com>
Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel] User-mode iSER
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:34:33 +0300

Modern operating systems and applications (like file systems) does not
need help from battery-backed memory to enjoy write-behind cache on
SAN target devices for better performance without data corruption
risks. So page cache is always useful.

Of cource, we can implement own read-ahead or more clever cache
algorithms, however we can use page cache for free.