[Stgt-devel] User-mode iSER

Dan Bar Dov danb
Sun Aug 6 10:44:31 CEST 2006

It means that the target sends a response because from the target's code
point of view it wrote the data to storage, but since you use page cache,
the data didn't actually get to storage.  The target code thinks it did a write-
through, but it actually got a write behind.
An explicit write-behind would let the target send a response *before* it
wrote the data anywhere (even buffer cache). This explicit write behind is
therefore faster.