[Stgt-devel] session tsih

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori
Tue Aug 22 15:56:01 CEST 2006

From: Tom Tucker <tom at opengridcomputing.com>
Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel] session tsih
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:31:05 -0500

> On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 08:02 +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> > From: Tom Tucker <tom at opengridcomputing.com>
> > Subject: [Stgt-devel] session tsih
> > Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:32:11 -0500
> >
> > > Tomo:
> > >
> > > The session data structure contains a tsih value which is the transport
> > > session id. In session destroy it looks like it takes the global thandle
> > > (points to tcp's handle currently) and passes this down to
> > > ki->destroy_session.
> > >
> > > Since a session may have multiple connections and these connections may
> > > be on different transports, don't we have to destroy this session on
> > > each transport for which there a connection?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean. You cannot have iser and tcp connections
> > in a session, can you?
>
> Er...actually you "can" with a converged NIC (does both TCP/IP and
> RDMA), but I guess the question is really -- "should you". If you say
> no, then our life gets easier.

Let me make sure that we are talking about the same thing.

Does the iSER spec (2.3 protocol overview) say that an entire iSCSI
session can only operate in one mode (i.e. a connection in a session
cannot operate in iSER-assisted mode if a different connection of the
same session is already in full feature phase in the traditional iSCSI
mode)?

So I'm not sure about your comment, 'a session may have multiple
connections and these connections may be on different transports.'