[Stgt-devel] Errors in fsck with iSER

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori
Tue Dec 18 07:54:44 CET 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:53:51 +0200
Doron Shoham <dorons at Voltaire.COM> wrote:

> FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:17:16 +0200
> > Erez Zilber <erezz at Voltaire.COM> wrote:

> >> We ran some tests on it. Most of them are ok except for fsck. We ran it
> >> in the following way:
> >>
> >> seed5:/tmp/regtest # parted -s /dev/sdb mkpart primary 0 8500
> >> seed5:/tmp/regtest # for ((i=1;i<=1000;i++)) do mkfs -t ext2 -q
> >> /dev/sdb1; fsck -y -ft ext2 /dev/sdb1; echo iteration $i is done; done
> >>
> >> fsck is ok most of the time, but once in a while it looks like this
> >> (after ~300 iterations):
> >>
> >> fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
> >> e2fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
> >> Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> >> Pass 2: Checking directory structure
> >> Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
> >> Pass 4: Checking reference counts
> >> Pass 5: Checking group summary information
> >> /dev/sdb1: 11/1038336 files (0.0% non-contiguous), 32599/2075195 blocks
> >> seed5:/tmp/regtest # mkfs -t ext2 -q /dev/sdb1
> >> seed5:/tmp/regtest # fsck -y -ft ext2 /dev/sdb1
> >>

> > Sounds like data corruption. Do you see the same problem with IPoIB?
> >
> Hi,
> I'm working with Erez and I tried this with tcp session and there
> weren't any problems.

Thanks for confirming. So it's the iSER problem.

I might break Pete's iSER code so can you revoke the latest three
patches and try the same tests?

rouen:~/git/tgt$ git-reset --hard HEAD~3
HEAD is now at 224ca81... iscsi: add iser support

rouen:~/git/tgt$ git-log |head -5
commit 224ca81bca8dead8dd355d62422e11fe23f7bdc4
Author: Pete Wyckoff <pw at osc.edu>
Date:   Mon Dec 10 10:06:27 2007 -0500