[Stgt-devel] VTL - tgtadm syntax additions (Long)

Douglas Gilbert dougg
Mon Mar 26 05:19:01 CEST 2007

Mark Harvey wrote:
> As the idea of hijacking the 'backing file' for use as a configuration
> file has not received the most positive resonse, I have put together
> some ideas for adding to the syntax of tgtadm to allow the
> configuration and customization of SSC and SMC devices.
>
> I have not attempted to implement any of the syntax, but am posting to
> the list for comments before putting any effort into coding.
>
> Here goes....
>

> tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode logicalunit --op update --tid=[] --lun=[]
> --value=[value]
>
> Where value is:
>
> If device_type == 1 (SSC)
>
>  VendorIdent="SONY"
>  ProductIdent="SDX-900V"
>  ProductRev="5401"
>  SerialNumber="XYZZY_10"

Mark,
How about adding some place holders for logical unit
world wide names? For example:
  eui64="..."
  naa2="...."
  naa5="5000334441112720"
  naa6="..."
  scsi_name="..."

Building a comprehensive device identification VPD page
(0x83) should be an interesting challenge as it is made
up of 3 parts:
  a) logical unit identification (derived from my suggestion
     in the previous paragraph perhaps)
  b) target device identification (target HBA related or
     constructed)
  c) target port identification (target HBA related)

Note that if the stgt infrastructure was being used to
bridge between two SCSI transports (say iSCSI and SAS)
then parts b) and c) need to be reconstructed.

Doug Gilbert