[Stgt-devel] subtle differences between IET and tgtd behaviour (from initiator's perspective)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Mon May 21 11:24:35 CEST 2007

I noticed there are some subtle differences between IET and tgtd - from
the initiator's perspective.

I tried using both targets - IET and tgtd - everything works fine,
stable etc.

I have a diskless workstation started entirely via iSCSI. It starts and
works fine both with IET and tgtd.
The problem is when I want to shut down the machine.

When the initiator uses IET, it shut downs properly.

With the initiator uses tgtd, it stalls somewhere at:

Umounting proc filesystem                 [ OK ]
Halting system...
md: stopping all md devices.
Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sda:

And it just waits there forever (that's with no changes on the
initiator; only the target program was changed).

Ideas?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
htp://wpkg.org