[Stgt-devel] PATCH 3 of 6 - SMC module

Mark Harvey markh794
Sat May 12 04:23:17 CEST 2007

On 5/12/07, Ming Zhang <blackmagic02881 at gmail.com> wrote:
> my similar comment applied to this patch as well.
>
> also seems there are some functions that duplicated in two files, can we
> combine them?
>
> also the physicalattr structure can be a common structure for ALL scsi
> type devices,
>
> Ming

physical Attribute structure will be common to all (most ?) modules.

Once the patch to add a private pointer to struct scsi_lu has been
accepted, a private instance to physicalAttributes can be referenced
to by each LUN and I will update the other modules (sbc/mmc etc) to
use this structure.

Or is it the other way around ?
i.e. If I submit a patch to use this pointer, there is a greater
likely hood of this patch being applied.

Cheers
Mark