[Stgt-devel] [Iscsitarget-devel] Wiki - Data Consistency and IOMode=wb

Mike Young myoung
Wed May 23 05:17:05 CEST 2007

As Ming mentioned, we hadn't set anything in concrete. Ming originally
asked me to setup a wiki for organizing information. In fact, he asked
me to do this a while back.

I went a slightly different route to allow for a more collaborative and
organized site, but the software had limitations.

I've just replaced the site's software with Drupal-based CMS engine.
There's a collaborative Book function much like wiki. But then there's
more. There's a forum module I've turned on as well syndication, blog, etc.

Frankly, there's far too many features to make use of up front. But I
like the fact that as needs grow, the site can grow to support us all.
I've also locked down project space at Google and have signed this site
up for Amazon's S3 and EC2 services. So, as things move forward, we
should have plenty of bandwidth and storage space.

We also have QA resources in Hyderabad that we can spin up as necessary.
And to a certain extent I can provide hardware to enable some of the
efforts. This includes access to dedicated hardware and access to VM
instances for development.

Did I mention we've got some cool GUI stuff in process?

Anyway, there is so much that can be leveraged, and that already is
being leveraged. If there are more needs, please let me know and I'll be
happy to look into getting them resolved.

I believe this site will be flexible enough to allow each of the project
owners to continue to be visionaries in their respective areas, but will
allow us to have a centrally organized portal. Should be easier than
googling. Should be ;)

-Mike