[Stgt-devel] iSER

Robin Humble robin.humble+stgt
Fri Sep 7 12:10:10 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:00:02PM +0300, Erez Zilber wrote:
>rjh wrote:
>>if I leave out the iSER setup steps and use IPoIB instead then it works ok.
>>I tried with a centos kernel and ofed1.1, and also 2.6.22.6 and ofed1.2.
>I suggest that you use OFED 1.2 on the initiator side. It has many bug
>fixes (compared to OFED 1.1).

I only used ofed1.1 with some of the tests (those with orig centos5
kernels) and saw the problem with both ofed1.1 and ofed1.2.

but thanks - I'll definitely stick to just ofed1.2 from now on.

>Also, note that open-iscsi over iSER in
>OFED 1.2 is supported only on the following distros: SLES 10, RHEL4
>up3-up5 & RHEL 5. Other distros were not tested (although they might work).

I'm using centos5 == rhel5.

the ofed1.2 userland I'm using is from here:
  http://people.redhat.com/dledford/Infiniband/openib/1.2/1.el5/x86_64/
and I've tried kernel.org 2.6.22.6 and also RedHat's ofed1.2 kernels:
  http://people.redhat.com/dledford/Infiniband/kernel/2.6.18/32.el5/x86_64/

the changelog in the userland .src.rpm says:
  * Wed Jun 27 2007 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com> 1.2-1
  - Update to final OFED 1.2 release

so hopefully that is a recent enough OFED?

cheers,
robin