[Stgt-devel] Performance of SCST versus STGT

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche
Thu Jan 17 15:43:32 CET 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 1:29 PM, Robin Humble <robin.humble+stgt at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> was iscsiadm was pointed at the IP of the IPoIB interface on the target? I think tgtd requires that.
>
> how about setting the transport to be iser with eg.
>   iscsiadm --mode node --targetname <something> --portal <ipoib>:3260 --op update -n node.transport_name -v iser
>   iscsiadm --mode node --targetname <something> --portal <ipoib>:3260 --op update -n "node.conn[0].iscsi.HeaderDigest" -v None

Ah, thanks. After issuing these commands I get better performance with
STGT and iSER. The updated table is as follows:

                             STGT read             SCST read
                          performance (MB/s)   performance (MB/s)
Ethernet (1 Gb/s network)        77                    89
IPoIB (8 Gb/s network)           82                   229
SRP (8 Gb/s network)            N/A                   600
iSER (8 Gb/s network)           324                   N/A

Can we conclude that with the tested software versions SCST performs
significantly better than STGT on an InfiniBand network ?

Bart.