[Stgt-devel] disk kicked out of RAID -> tgtd segmentation fault

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Wed Jul 9 08:03:05 CEST 2008

FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:54:48 +0200
> Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
>
>> Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:

>>> A faulty RAID is just one way to crash tgtd.
>>>
>>> A simpler one is to just block the traffic between the target and the
>>> initiator - just login to the target, make sure there is some iSCSI
>>> traffic between the target and the initiator, then block incoming iSCSI
>>> traffic on the initiator with:
>>>
>>> initiator# iptables -I INPUT -s <target IP> -p tcp --sport 3260 -j DROP
>>>

>>> After a while, you will see that only one tgtd process is running,
>>> whereas the second has crashed.
>> Note - the above seems to be valid if:
>>
>> - there are two initiators connected (from different IPs), perhaps more
>> - there is traffic from these two initiators
>> - we block traffic on one of these initiators
>>

>> I couldn't reproduce the issue with only one initiator connected.
>
> Can you provide the detailed configuration?
>
> Do you mean:
>
> 1. there are three machines, say A, B, and C.

yes

> 2. you run tgtd on A and setup one target in tgtd.

yes

> 3. B and C work as an initiator. They connect to A. So the target on A
> has two sessions.

yes

> Then you block the traffic btwwen A and B, then tgtd on A dies?
>
> Right?

Yes, exactly like that.
I'm not sure if blocking traffic in both ways is needed, or is it
sufficient/needed to block the traffic from the initiator to the target
(and not from target to the initiator, i.e., -I OUTPUT chain).

> I think that the output of tgtadm will enable us to understand your
> configuration easily.

What output?

It doesn't happen if tgtd is started in the foreground.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org