[Stgt-devel] tgt-admin tool development ...

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori
Fri Jul 25 04:07:01 CEST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:44:21 +0200
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:

> > We should probably set a flag saying we have a Config file and perhaps
> > also valid config information.
>
> One thing which still needs to be contemplated: tgt-admin works with
> iscsi driver only right now (and has some "--lld iscsi" hardcoded).
>
> tgtd is supposed to work with other drivers, too, so it would make sense
> to support them as well.
>
> What about other drivers? Are they stable?
>
> According to README.fcoe, "this driver is not stable at all".

Seems that Mike (perhaps other Intel FCoE people) use it to develop
the FCoE initiator. So it would be better than that description.

> ibmvstgt?

Should be stable.

> Are there any other drivers (planned)?

Not sure.

> That being said: I wanted to add support for "dumping" current tgtd
> configuration into a config file, i.e. tgt-admin --dump (perhaps there
> are better names for this option) would read all configured targets
> (tgtadm --op show --mode target) and print a nice config file out of it.
> Obviously, it wouldn't show passwords, as tgtadm doesn't show them.

Well, if many people think that tgtadm should show the passowrds, I
have no problem about it.

> Do you think such feature would be useful?

Converting the current configuration to a configuration file sounds
useful.