[Stgt-devel] disk kicked out of RAID -> tgtd segmentation fault

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Mon Jun 30 10:54:48 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> ronnie sahlberg schrieb:
>> Hi Tomasz,
>>
>> I could not get that configuration to work.
>>
>> Can you please provide more detailed instructions exactly how to set
>> up hosts A B and C
>> so I can try to reproduce it.
>>
>> Please provide the exact commandline for each and every command I need
>> to run on the three hosts and Ill try to
>> reproduce it under gdb.
>
> A faulty RAID is just one way to crash tgtd.
>
> A simpler one is to just block the traffic between the target and the
> initiator - just login to the target, make sure there is some iSCSI
> traffic between the target and the initiator, then block incoming iSCSI
> traffic on the initiator with:
>
> initiator# iptables -I INPUT -s <target IP> -p tcp --sport 3260 -j DROP
>

> After a while, you will see that only one tgtd process is running,
> whereas the second has crashed.

Note - the above seems to be valid if:

- there are two initiators connected (from different IPs), perhaps more
- there is traffic from these two initiators
- we block traffic on one of these initiators

I couldn't reproduce the issue with only one initiator connected.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org