[Stgt-devel] [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in themainstreamLinux kernel

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Thu Mar 13 12:44:18 CET 2008

FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:24:33 +0100
> Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.a.org> wrote:

(...)

>> If the patch is finally integrated, I guess README files need updating,
>> too to reflect the change.
>
> Well, I really don't like to set the default state to 'offline'.
>
> I'm sure that many people say that initiators can connect to tgtd if I
> do that.

You meant "can't connect" I guess.
Yes, this changes the default behaviour.

> I could make it as the startup (boot) option though I don't like it
> either but I think that it's less problematic to set the default state
> to 'offline'.

Either default to offline (bad for existing users) or give a startup
option to tgtd (better). There is no other way, I guess (other than
making it compile-time option, which is really bad).

And what about that little nuisance - this will work:

tgtd
sleep 2s
tgtadm --lld iscsi --op new --mode target.....

This won't work - tgtd goes background immediately and starts, but
doesn't accept any configuration changes for the first second or two:

tgtd
tgtadm --lld iscsi --op new --mode target.....

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org