[stgt] On roadmap and release of stgt future development

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Thu Sep 18 21:09:04 CEST 2008

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 02:48:36 +0800
"rae l" <crquan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:34 PM, FUJITA Tomonori
> <fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> >> Tomasz told me offline that X.X.X style version is important for some
> >> cases. I'm not sure about it but I have no strong reason against
>
> I think all distributors will more like X.X.X, just like the bug on bugs.gentoo,

I don't think so.

For example, `dpkg --list` gives me:

ii  autotools-dev                20060702.1                      Update infrastr
ucture for config.{guess,sub}

You can find some other software that uses 'date' style version. At
least, debian seems to handle it.

For me, it's just marketing. Something like 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 gives some
people an idea that it's stable software. Well, it's often wrong.

But as I said already, I'm ok with this. I'll release 0.9 next week
unless someone is against it.