[stgt] [Iscsitarget-devel] [Scst-devel] ISCSI-SCST performance (withalso IET and STGT data)

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:29:19 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Ross S. W. Walker
<RWalker at medallion.com> wrote:
> IET just needs to fix how it does it workload with CFQ which
> somehow SCST has overcome. Of course SCST tweaks the Linux kernel to
> gain some extra speed.

I'm not familiar with the implementation details of CFQ, but I know
that one of the changes between SCST 1.0.0 and SCST 1.0.1 is that the
default number of kernel threads of the scst_vdisk kernel module has
been increased to 5. Could this explain the performance difference
between SCST and IET for FILEIO and BLOCKIO ?

Bart.