[stgt] Using opensolaris as iscsi initiator for stgt

Albert Pauw albert.pauw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:24:37 CET 2009

FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:56:06 +0100
> Albert Pauw <albert.pauw at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

>>> Thanks! Good to know opensolaris works fine with tgt vtl driver.
>>>
>>> Would be useful to have a document like "initiator-tips.txt" or
>>> something? Well, the majority of initiator implementations works
>>> without tricks.
>>>

>> That's the reason I mailed it, maybe you could put it on the site,
>> indeed something with tips.
>>

> How about creating doc/README.ssc? Then the contents are fit for it.
>
> Seems that we don't any doc about our vtl setup (there are some useful
> information on the mailing list archives though). So I think that it
> would be nice to have such in our doc directory.

Yes, you could put the info of my mail in a file like that. As for
configuration,
I was thinking more about adding sample targets.conf files for different
setups
(CD/DVD, disk, tape, tapelibrary, etc) nicely commented and all. That
was the
reason I had put some effort in testing the setup using targets.conf.
Any thoughts on that?

Albert