[stgt] iser / debian

Dr. Volker Jaenisch volker.jaenisch at inqbus.de
Thu Feb 19 17:32:50 CET 2009

Or Gerlitz schrieb:
> Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:
>
>> ISER from the Debian IB Stack does not work for me. Remember our discussion on the STGT-list?
>> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/stgt/2009-February/002649.html
>>

> We didn't find any problem with the initiator, so I'm not sure to
> what you refer by "iser from the Debian IB stack", if its to the
> target then I understand what you try to say here.

Now it seems to be the target since you identified the bug there. Before your findings I have had
other distros saying like "on CentOS iSER runs without a flaw" and my reality that iSER does not work on
Debian, reliable. So my first guess pointed to the debian IB-Stack since other distros include the complete
OFED-Stack consistently and Debian does not. I probably was wrong with that.

But still the read Bug is not completely understood and solved.

And the point with the lack of IB userspace support in Debian is still true.

Don't get me wrong - I love to work with Debian. And I like to share and work with the community
to make it still better.

Volker