[stgt] [RFC 00/14] tgt BSD build support

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at Voltaire.com
Tue Feb 24 09:42:27 CET 2009

Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> [RFC 07/14] tgt: BSD builds, some setsockopt are not supported
> [RFC 08/14] tgt: BSD support - Services that are unavailable in BSD
> [RFC 09/14] tgt: BSD support - bind() is picky about names
> [RFC 10/14] tgt: Fix call to getnameinfo() on None Linux systems
> [RFC 11/14] tgt: bs_aio Mostlly not supported under BSD
>
>    All these patches add #ifdef BUILD_ON_BSD for things that are not
>    available / different in BSD. It could be nice if they get accepted,
>    So the out-of-tree patchset can be kept as minimal as possible. And
>    conflicts are avoided in the future. For Linux they just add dead
>    code and are not relevant.

Hi Boaz,

Lets avoid #ifdefs in the source code, in the .c files for sure and unless its impossible otherwise, also on the header files. If you need help to think together per each of the cases you were dealing with, take it to the list and I assume people would help.

Or.