[stgt] [RFC 00/14] tgt BSD build support

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Tue Feb 24 10:45:35 CET 2009

FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:41:46 +0200
> Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh at panasas.com> wrote:
>
>> Please tell me if you are at all interested in these patches or I should
>> keep them out-of-tree at open-osd.org.
>
> I think that it's a good idea to support other operating systems
> though I don't care about them; we could get more users and it would
> improve tgt.

Thanks.

> I have some technical issues over your patchset (e.g. I will not add
> ifdef to *.c files) but I think that we can solve them.

The setsockopt() and syscall() can be over-ridden an #ifdef can be avoided
but there are a couple of places, like an extra field member in
struct sockaddr, or the naming convention of an IPC, where it is very
hard to avoid.

See PATCHES 9 & 10. All the other places can be fixed.

> There is one political issue over 12th patch; I will not add non GPL
> license to tgt. I want tgt, all the files, to be released under GPL. I
> don't care about the license compatibility; I don't want any
> complication here.

That is no problem, I wrote this file I can change it. I thought that
since there is no licence issue in this since it's only translation
between one interface to another interface and there are no licence
on an interface.

I will change it NP.

> We might remove 12th patch later since I don't think that emulating
> epoll via kevent is a right approach (creating a generic event API via
> epoll, kevent, etc is better). But I'm fine the epoll emulation for
> now.

It's what I did here. I thought that the generic API can be epoll which
is as good as any, and the rest of the systems can easyly implement
that API, as shown here.

Thank you TOMO for even considering these patches for inclusion. It will
make my life much simpler, I'll work on the other comments and will send
a repost.

Boaz