[stgt] help tgt segfault

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 8 12:33:50 CET 2009

FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:

>>> No more I/O errors from open-iscsi side as well.
>> I'm running a bit different "test" now and I'm getting host resets on
>> open-iscsi side every few minutes:
>>
>>   connection3:0: iscsi: detected conn error (1011)
>> iscsi: host reset succeeded
>>

>> The "test" is using DRBD over a slow link.
>> In such case (background synchronization running over a slow link), for
>> tgtd, DRBD device for look like one that returns reads fast (say, 50
>> MB/s), but any write, even small, can potentially wait several seconds
>> to complete (with average speed of about 200 kB/s and long delays).
>>
>> How can I check what causes these resets?
>
> Have you already checked the tcpdump log?

Not yet - I was transferring several gigabytes, I wouldn't like to have
tcpdump logs of this size...

Other way to reproduce it is establishing a link with a slow speed
between the target and the initiator (i.e., "--shaper 50000" option to
openvpn), and reading/writing data.
You will see device resets, and eventually, I/O errors on the initiator;
with no errors on the target.

Anyway, it is something with open-iscsi, as it's reproducible with IET
as well, so I'll ask at open-iscsi list.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org