[stgt] iser monitor/debug mode packet capture

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sun Jun 14 16:39:22 CEST 2009

charles zhuang wrote:
> I will check with Mellanox to see what do they have to capture the packet. Do you, or anyone else on this board, have a current packet capture on iSER (over IB) that can share with me? I am looking at discovery, login, back file store establish process flow.
Again, I suggest you to talk to the HCA vendor, I can't talk on their
behalf, if you have some funds to spend, there are vendor independent IB
sniffers such as the endance ones. Target discovery (e.g sendtargets
based) is done over tcp, so you can start tcpdump/wireshark on it, login
and lun discovery are done over the iser connection, but they are very
much the same as being done with iscsi/tcp, so I would suggest start
with iscsi/tcp/eth or iscsi/tcp/ipoib.

Or.