[stgt] SPC-3 persistent reservation

Mark Harvey markh794 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 00:43:46 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM, FUJITA
Tomonori<fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:06:22 +0100
> Alex Zeffertt <alex.zeffertt at eu.citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me whether tgtd supports persistent reservations (part of the
>> SCSI-3 Primary Command set I believe).  And if so, how do I test it?
>
> Unfortunately, not.
>
> As far as I know, Nick's LIO target is only open-source iSCSI target
> implementation supporting PR3.
> --

I know.. I've been saying this for months and months..

But I am working on it.

I have the basics "Key registration" working.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way of to match the IT_Nexus
<-> LUN <-> registration key(s) so we can report on any potential
reservation conflicts.

FWIW: I have a very simplified version working with NetBackup (not
using tgtd)... But this code assumes there is only ever one IT_nexus..

Cheers
Mark