[stgt] Bug report, target offline / online

Albert Pauw albert.pauw at gmail.com
Wed May 6 07:50:49 CEST 2009

Just trying to think what I was doing.

I was playing around a bit with the fcoe stuff, so I did a "make
ISCSI=1 FCOE=1".
Since I am going on a holiday I don't have time to see if this makes
the difference.
May be you could try that out? For the rest I always use the latest
git version anyway.

Mind you, starting stgt in fcoe mode (tgtd eth0) and adding a iscsi
target opens up a can
of worms as far the configuration database is conserned. Things would
show up as fcoe
instead of iscsi visa versa. Maybe an idea to have a compile option to
avoid this mixing up?
So you either compile it for one or the other (and there are a few
more other modes as well).
Another option is have a startup option which will put it in iscsi,
fcoe, or one of the others.
In that case printing out which mode is used in the logs would be helpful.

Any thoughts on this?

Albert