[stgt] tgt for Debian (was Re: [GIT PULL] Proposal for build system makeover)

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Oct 1 10:29:18 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-01 10:08, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
>> I already made my point that I'd be happy to contribute to a Debian
>> specific init script. This could go in scripts/ as tgtd.init.debian or
>> whatever, and then one would fix up scripts/Makefile to check for the
>> presence of /etc/debian_version on install, and use the Debian script if
>> one installs on Debian. What's the problem with that?
>
> Debian doesn't want to have packing files in upstream so I don't merge
> your scripts/tgtd.init.debian or whatever.

Just out of curiosity -- is that really so? Frederik?

> Just split Makefile. It's fine by me. Then you can easily maintain
> your changes in your own tree.

That's not even necessary. All that would need to happen is adding the
Debian specific init script to the debian branch, as tgt.init in
debian/. dh_installinit then does the rest.

Would you be OK with merging the Makefile changes as proposed in
yesterday's patch set of mine, if the init script and sysconfig file
were thrown out and moved to the rpm branch? Likewise that would imply
that the defaults file and the Debian init script only go into the
debian branch. If so, I can re-roll the patch.

Cheers,
Florian