[stgt] targets.conf problem, setting up tape drives

Albert Pauw albert.pauw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 13:09:08 CET 2009

On 10/25/2009 12:57 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> I'll look at this one. The problem is, "element_type" and "media_home"
> are not yet supported in targets.conf.
>
> Could you provide me with a tgtadm line which would use both
> "element_type" and "media_home"?

Do you mean something like this?

tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode logicalunit --op update --tid 1 --lun 4
--params element_type=3,start_address=10,quantity=5,media_home=/root/tapes

Please note that media_home is not related to the actual element type,
in fact my script used an extra tgtadm line to define media_home
after setting up the element types, but I checked and the line above
works fine as well.

Albert