[stgt] tgt and DVD

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Thu Sep 24 06:22:21 CEST 2009

CC'ed stgt at vger.kernel.org and Ronnie Sahlberg,

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:39:24 -0400
"Matthias Bannach" <matthias at bannach.net> wrote:

> In an attempt to change from iscsitarget on debian to tgt I wanted to report
> some success and frustration to you.
>
> Success: Compiled smooth on Debian Lenny.

Nice, our iSCSI code is just an user-space program so you can compile
and run it easily.

> Frustration: The dvd/cd iso feature appears to work with 'simple' CD's only.
> More advanced UDF or multi-session CDs (like recent Distributions of
> Microsoft OS/Development tools) appear to not be supported.

I'm not familiar with this area so I CC'ed Ronnie Sahlberg, who wrote
that part.

BTW, you can't do that even with IET, right?

> Any hints or pointers?
>
> Would you see an integration (could be done by me) with
> http://cdemu.sourceforge.net/ possible - can this be done without
> development?

I don't think that you can't without development but it should be easy
incorporate cdemu-deamon code into our mmc.c