[stgt] iSER & iscsi in stgt performance testing question ?

J.G Yang yangjg at inspur.com
Fri Apr 16 09:18:18 CEST 2010

I test the iSER & iscsi performance in stgt.The following is the result.
I test all the thing usr dd command.First,I test a partition of the system disk;then i use it as the backing-store for a lun in stgt.Stgt is compiled with ISCSI=1 ISCSI_RDMA=1 flags.I use open-iscsi on another machine for read/write with iSER protocol.The connection between the server and client is IB,details:InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT26428 [ConnectX VPI PCIe 2.0 5GT/s - IB QDR / 10GigE].
read: read the partition directly 105 MB/s ,iSER 50.8MB/s
write:write the partition directly 103MB/s, iSER 56.5MB/s
then i create a RAID0 array with 12 SATA disks  for test.
read:read the RAID0 array directly 869MB/s, iSER 328MB/s
write:write the RAID0 array directly 815/s, iSER 195MB/s
Are the results as nomarl? The performance degrades half,for the raid0 iSER write only a quarter.
Could someone tell me the reason? Thanks!