[stgt] tgt-admin and a -C, --control-port argument

Chandra Seetharaman sekharan at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 1 18:54:54 CEST 2010

1. The purpose of multiple tgtds (and the control port) is to make each
   tgtd dedicated to ipaddress (or port).

2. Each target will be associated with only one ip address (which also
   means we have to add a ip address token to target definition).

(1) and (2) make me think that we do not need an explicit "control port"
parameter for targets.conf syntax.

If any target has a ip address specifically defined, then tgt-admin can
define a control port and use it at the right place (as it does with tid
currently) and keep the control port definition totally internal to
tgt-admin.

Does it make sense ? Or am I missing something ?

I had a related question, will we ever want to make multiple ip
addresses served by a single tgtd ?