[stgt] Back end Question ??

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Thu Dec 23 00:53:27 CET 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:54:36 +0100
roman pollak <roman.pollak at oracle.com> wrote:

> I am currently integrating my own project (vdisk - source forge ) as an
> backend resp. storage interface in the tgt framework.

http://vdisk.sourceforge.net/

This is a disk format like qcow, vmdk, etc?

> A question came to my mind, well actually more the one.. :)
> Would be not nice to have some sort of a plugin interface build-in tgt
> framework for things like that (aka glib plugins) ??

I prefer not to have something like that. It means that we can't break
the interface for such back end plugin.

> When not, what would be the best way the have my tgt interface keeping
> up with the tgt development ??

Pushing your code into the tgt mainline?

I know several developers who implement thier own back end modules. We
often don't change the interface for back end modules so it's not so
difficult to live outside tgt, I think.