[stgt] LUN0 issues and Windows

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Feb 19 03:52:17 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:09:36 -0800
Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com> wrote:

> We're running an older version of stgt (the one included with RHEL5).
> As reported by rpm, this is a snapshot version from 20080917 though I'm
> not sure exactly what version this corresponds with.

Seems that RedHat provides the updated version:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2010-0067.html

I guess that it uses 0.9.9 or 0.9.10.

> Windows initiators using MS's iSCSI Initiator v2.08 seem to get
> confused by the controller (LUN0) device.  Even though we "ignore" its
> addition to the system and don't add a driver for it, the actual disk
> LUN is never added to disk manager.
>
> We've also tested with a newer version of scsi-target-utils included
> with Fedora 12 (v0.9.5).  While the controller issue still presents
> itself in Windows, LUN1 (our disk) _does_ show up and can be used.

I can't recall any reasons that might cause such difference but as you
saw, Windows should work in such way.

We've fixed some critical bugs since 20080917 so it would be better to
use the latest package for RHEL5.