[stgt] Update of osc-osd target to tgt v1.0.0

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Tue Jan 5 16:04:31 CET 2010

I've updated the osd-target tree with a few changes to osd-target and
now based on tgt v1.0.0.

Thank you everyone at the tgt project for a job well done.

Main changes are:
* Use of Arne Redlich's patch to eliminate the dummy LUN0
* Remove of the use of "auto config first target". So all targets and
  backhands are defined externally in the ./up script
* Easy support for multiple configurable osd LUNs
* Update to tgt v1.0.0

TODO:
  I've not forgotten John Chandy's patches and will merge them eventually. Sorry John
  * Support for macox compilation and run-time
  * Update support for scatter-gather IO

As a reminder open-osd's osc-osd target is build out of two git trees
where the tgt is a git-submodule of the main osc-osd tree. So in effect
user manges one tree, but the tgt tree is based on tomo's tree where
osc-osd's origin is open-osd.org.
[ So to update your tree
  $ git remote update
  $ git checkout origin/master
  $ git submodule update
]

[osc-osd]
These are the patches updated from last time:
	dbea1df gitignore: Add kdevelop4 project files
	d8e6ac9 open-osd: (tgt-merge-1.0.0) Remove auto configuration of /tmp osd-target
	6982472 gituptodate: Submodule handling should be done first

[tgt osdemu]
These are the patches currently maintained out-of-tree, now based on tgt v1.0.0

	0793ee7 Move away from global name space (FreeBSD)
	6d6f4a5 util.h BSD builds support
	2492728 BSD builds support - #includes reorder
	0557789 os.h: sync_file_range is OS dependent
	e2dcd12 os.h: Services unavailable in BSD
	3c94d68 os.h: semtimedop not available on BSD
	21d1d53 usr/bsd: support of sys/epoll.h via BSD's kevent
	0274903 usr/bsd: emulates some Linuxism in BSD
	e7e76ae usr/bsd: some setsockopt are not supported
	c84ecf8 usr/Makefile BSD build Support

  Up to here all these patches are for FreeBSD support. I hope they will eventually
  get accepted / replaced upstream into Tomo's tree. Missing is John's patch for macosx

	85d9302 osdemu: osd emulation backingstore

  This is the actual osdemu patch by Pete Wyckoff. It is dependent on the osd-target code
  which is maintained on the outer tree.

	0d8dfbd Remove dummy RAID controller from LUN 0

  Thanks Arne For this patch. In an osd-target only setup this patch makes tons of
  sense. And what can I say it just works, I have not found any problem with it.

	1381b72 osdemu: (OPTIONAL) allow non root to run
	265a3a1 osdemu: (OPTIONAL) logging changes
	31e66d4 osdemu: (OPTIONAL) iscsi increase dlength
	a53e5ea (OPTIONAL) Also dbg-print on connection

  These are just optional stuff that I like to use and are included by default
  in an osd-target checkout

All these patches can be reviewed on the web:
  osc-osd:	http://git.open-osd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=osc-osd/.git;a=summary
  osc-osd/tgt:	http://git.open-osd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=osc-osd/tgt/.git;a=summary

Happy new Year
Boaz