[stgt] "top" and "nice" for stgt connections?

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Jul 6 04:56:24 CEST 2010

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 14:36:37 -0600
"Mark Lehrer" <mark at knm.org> wrote:

> I am doing some I/O scalability tests.

Nice. Please test the latest (v1.0.6) with a kernel version including
signalfd support.

Also don't forget this tip (doc/README.iscsi)

If you need multiple logical units, you had better create multiple
targets including one logical unit instead of creating one target
including multiple logical units.

> Are there any good tools for
> tracking per-connection usage;

No, you need I/O stats per connection?

Probably, we need a facility to get I/O stats per nexus.

> and also for adjusting the priority of different initiators?

No.

With the latest version, we use pthreads per target. If you make sure
that each initiator connects to a different target, we could use
pthread priority stuff.