[stgt] tgtd segfault

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Thu Jul 29 12:00:05 CEST 2010

On 07/29/2010 12:52 PM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:59:38 +0300
> Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh at panasas.com> wrote:
>
>>> Thanks, the pthread-per-target changes were reverted, so it should be
>>> stable now. tgt had been stable before the changes. Otherwise, vendor
>>> guys would hit me hard, I guess. :)
>>
>> Hi Tomo
>>
>> Do you have plans to return this in the future, once debugged and stabilised?
>
> I want but probably it would take long. I need to work on the
> clustering feature now because my company needs it.
>

>> For me too, as osd-target. It gave performance boost with multiple targets on
>> same machine. This is because my target is badly written and does sync handling,
>> no queue, of every thing. Funny that I did not experience problems with it
>> during testing, but I'm not running a production system so I might got lucky.
>>
>> Please tell me your plans so I know if I'll have to fix my backend, one day, or
>> can get by with this fix.
>
> I don't know when I can rework on this. I would recommend you to fix
> your issues.

Thanks. The problem that it is not a real issue, only slowness with multiple targets.
And the recommendation is for a single target per machine in a 1G network anyway. So
it is on the todo but will take long time here as well. I was happy that for a while
it was better. Will see what happens.

Thanks, have a good day
Boaz