[stgt] Using tgtd to pass through a SCSI tape drive

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 22:21:41 CEST 2010

FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
>> [3034458.454685] mptscsih: ioc0: attempting task abort!
>> (sc=ffff810107150d40)
>> [3034458.466570] st 1:0:3:0: CDB: Write Filemarks: 10 00 00 00 01 00 00
>> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>>

> Maybe the timeout is too short. Can you try the latest git code with
> the following patch?

Thanks for the rapid reply on that - I upped the timeout as suggested on
git head, and the tests passed.  mt -f /dev/st1 erase still failed after
the minute as expected, so I've just upped the timeout to an hour to see
if that operation then succeeds.  If that's OK, I'll give it a spin
using some Windoze based tape backup software, and the MS initiator..

I'm guessing that the caller (e.g. mt via the st kernel module, or
scsitape directly via the sg interface) sets a timeout when it issues
the SCSI ERASE command, and that this needs to get through to the bsg
code in tgtd somehow?

Domo arigato!

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.