[stgt] [RFC 0/1] A proposed small enhancement to the --iscsi portal parameter

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Sun May 2 17:01:05 CEST 2010

It often happens to me that I have a machine that already exports some iscsi
target, and I want to export a tgtd one on a different port. (.i.e an osd-target)

When doing so, with the current system I loose the convenience of the INADDR_ANY
address. Not only that I need to pain in scripts to specify all interfaces but I
also lose the "future" interface configurations.

Proposed is the keyword "ANY" that will keep the iscsi_portal_addr as NULL but
the user can then specify a different service port to use.

Was it possible before, and I just didn't figure out how? If so then I'd like
to add that to documentation, for future me to not have to fight it out.

Thanks
Boaz