[stgt] tgt-admin functionality

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 8 11:31:46 CEST 2011

On 08.04.2011 10:43, James Pattinson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've made a small patch against tgt-admin that's hardly worth sharing
> but it is useful for me as it adds support for device-type and bs-type.

Diff generated with -u is much more readable.

We already support device-type and bs-type - see targets.conf.example.

Maybe you have some old version? Try grabbing the latest tgt release.

> While browsing the code it seems to be that tgt-admin is currently
> limited in that it can only effectively configure 1 LUN per target with
> the correct options.

Doesn't this work for you? See targets.conf.example. Or, did you mean
something else?

<target iqn.2008-09.com.example:server.target3>
     backing-store /dev/LVM/somedevice1  # Becomes LUN 1
     backing-store /dev/LVM/somedevice2  # Becomes LUN 2
     backing-store /dev/LVM/somedevice3  # Becomes LUN 3
     write-cache off
     vendor_id MyCompany Inc.
</target>

--