[stgt] need some clarification regarding STGT

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:54:44 CET 2011

I wouldn't worry too much about that old political document. Politics is boring.

There are many iSCSI targets for linux. STGT is one, SCST is another,
and the one everyone thinks is the best right now is Lio.
So you have plenty top pick from.

Some benefits of STGT for some use cases is that it runs in userspace.
Other implementations have other benefits.

STGT also have semi-mature implementations of VTL and Jukebox. I have
no idea if LIO or SCST supports these. Maybe they do, and maybe they
are even better than STGT and then everyone wins ! Who knows?

Pick the implementation that suits you best.

regards
ronnie sahlberg