[stgt] Permissions error on tgtadm connection

W.C. Jake Epperson stgt at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Feb 8 02:39:03 CET 2011

I'm mail challenged tonight.  Sent private reply instead of to list, after
sending original message from a private address instead of my list alias.
Sorry.  Reply to query at bottom.

On Mon, February 7, 2011 18:40, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:32:05 -0500
> stgt at epperson.homelinux.net wrote (or intended to):
>
>> This is a vanilla install from Centos repo on Centos 5.5.  Howto articles
>> indicate that it should pretty much work "out of the box", but I can't
ever get a successful result from tgtadm.  SELinux and iptables are
turned
>> off.
>>
>> tgtadm --lld iscsi --op show --mode target
>
> Do you become the superuser before running tgtadm?

Yes.  In the strace shown, the daemon was also launched as uid 0.