[stgt] tgtimg

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 03:54:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

The manpages were added in Feb/March last year, which is probably why
you don't have them on 10.04.

To create a 100M disk image using tgtimg you do this (from the manpage
you don't have)
                 tgtimg --op new --device-type disk --type disk --size
100 --file /data/hd001.raw

This requires a newer version of tgtimg than you have too :-(
Which is why your tgtimg command line fails. Its too old.

But you can use 'dd' to create the image instead :
               dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/iscsi/100MBdisk.raw bs=1M count=100

There are a lot of other really neat things added since your version
too, so maybe you
could consider building TGTD from sources?

Or ask Ubuntu to update the package to a more recent version of tgtd ?

regards
ronnie sahlberg