[stgt] Using stgt with drbd in a primary/secondary setup

David Jablonski djablonski at inoc.com
Wed Jun 29 22:24:07 CEST 2011

Is it possible to use drbd in a primary/secondary setup using the tgtadm
commands?  I may mess up the terms here so bear with me...

Our setup is to use drbd on our san and export the /dev/drbd* as the
backing store in a primary/secondary setup.  Below is what it looks like
in primary mode.

 LUN: 1
            Type: disk
            SCSI ID: IET     00010001
            SCSI SN: beaf11
            Size: 6442 MB
            Online: Yes
            Removable media: No
            Backing store type: rdwr
            Backing store path: /dev/drbd0
            Backing store flags:

This works fine but when I want to make /dev/drbd0 secondary it
complains that it is still in use.  I have tried marking it as Online:
No and it still says in use.  Is there anyway to have drbd believe that
the lun is not in use without actually deleting it so it can become
secondary?  Could I remove the backing store path?  Any pointers or
suggestions would be appreciated.....

Thank you.

--
David W. Jablonski