[stgt] Frequent coredump of tgtd under Centos 6.0

Andy Grover agrover at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 18:33:56 CET 2011

On 11/04/2011 06:47 AM, John Pletka wrote:
> Are there any known issues on CentOS 6 though?  I've been running the
> published yum version (1.04) on CentOS 5.5+ for years now and never
> had any issues.  I see back in September there were some experimental
> patches for segfaults during heavy IO.  Did those make it into the .21
> version?

My assumption would be tgt issues are specific to tgt, not anything
else. The kernel or glibc have a bug on that distro that only tgt is
hitting? Very unlikely.

Regarding the heavy IO issue from a while back, we never really nailed
down exactly what was the cause. There was a patch to simplify the code
in question a little, but nothing beyond that. If you are seeing
repeatable segfaults with 1.0.21 then I think the list and me personally
would be very interested in any additional info you can provide.

Regards -- Andy