[stgt] Added feature

Andy Grover agrover at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 21:29:13 CEST 2011

On 10/18/2011 12:04 PM, Kevin Baughman wrote:
> Sure.  We need an iSCSI lun that goes across multiple filesystems.
> We basically want to stitch together filesystems into an iSCSI lun.
> The code that existed required that the LUN consist of one file
> (unless I am mistaken).
>
> Do you see a better way to do this?  In out situation we can't take
> multiple disks and create an LVW then populate it with one giant
> file.

This was the first thing that came to mind, yes. (You don't even need
the file on the block device, you could just use the device directly.)

You say that this doesn't work for your situation -- what I'm trying to
understand is whether other users will also be constrained from using
other methods to create a large volume from many small ones. If your
situation is unique then it's great you were able to extend tgt to do
what you needed, but it may not make sense to push upstream.

Regards -- Andy