[stgt] Performance Issue

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:06:54 CET 2012

You probably shouldnt remove fsync() completely,
but make sure that you have fsync() called at least from the
WriteFilemark emulation.

That would mean that if the backup finished successfully, that final
write is followed by a single fsync() call so that if
WRITE, WRITE, ... WRITEFILEMARK has completed successfully you know
the data is safe on stable storage.
But you dont pay the price for fsync() on each data write.

regards
ronnie sahlberg