[stgt] Why LUN0?

Braun, David David.Braun at drs.com
Thu Nov 29 14:41:15 CET 2012

I took a quick look at the code (not the RFC) and it I don't see
anything special about LUN0 being the only LUN that can respond to
REPORT_LUNS. Any LUN would work (assuming scsi_cmd_perform(...) is where
all the action is). Wouldn't this mean that one would have to ensure to
create at least a LUN0 (assuming the REPORT_LUNS isn't a LUN-less
command (I'm SCSI-ignorant)). My suspicion is that the REPORT_LUNS
command is a LUN-less command and would be responded to by the bus
controller in the non-internet implementation of SCSI.

Off to peruse the RFC.

Dave