[stgt] Why is tid 0 illegal?

Dan Mick dan.mick at inktank.com
Tue Jul 16 18:24:47 CEST 2013

On 7/15/2013 10:32 PM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:43:58 -0700
> Dan Mick <dan.mick at inktank.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/15/2013 04:40 PM, Dan Mick wrote:
>>> tgtadm rejects tid 0.

> Some existing code (e.g. under scripts/) might depend on the above
> behavior. So I don't like to change unless we have to change.

If there are tests that depend on it, those tests aren't sufficiently
generic; if there's support code that does, that support code is also
broken.  Do you know of anything specifically?  I can investigate/run tests.

This is a big surprise for new users and shouldn't be a limitation; even
if it must be, the error has to be better than "tid must be supplied".