[stgt] iser Issue, cannot allocate memory

John Francis john at recompute.com.au
Wed Jul 24 01:13:14 CEST 2013

Hi Roi,

I deleted the targets and performed discovery and it works fine now.
Even without pool_sz_mb=100.

Thanks for your great tip about installing the latest version from
source. I'll summarise that here for anyone else that is interested.
This is on CentOS 6.4 (i.e. RHEL 6.4 binary equivalent).

Tip: build the RPM on a management workstation running the same distro
as your production servers, then just distribute the binary RPM.

(I've left out $PS1 to make for easier copy and paste, this is on the
management machine as normal (non-root) user)

sudo yum groupinstall Development\ tools
sudo yum install librdmacm-devel git \
     docbook-style-xsl libaio-devel
mkdir sources
cd sources/
git clone https://github.com/fujita/tgt.git
cd tgt/
make rpm
scp rpmtop/RPMS/x86_64/scsi-target-utils-*.rpm my_storage_server:.

On the server, make sure you remove the scsi-target-utils package
before proceeding with the install.

Note: the newer version of tgtd lets you place your target
configurations in /etc/tgt/conf.d/ so if you have existing
definitions, you'll need to place them in snippet conf files in there.